Monday, December 1, 2014

Low Carb Banana Nut Bread

I know I haven't posted in ages, but I have been busy! I am not focusing on gluten free, since most everything low carb and Paleo is gluten free anyway. So I am now officially only low carb and mostly Paleo. I was craving some good old banana nut bread, had just gotten some almond flour and coconut flour, and decided to put it to good use! Here is my take on low carb banana nut bread, and it turns out quite well if I do say so myself! Even my mom, who cringes at the mention of traditional flourless bread, loved it!

Low Carb Banana Bread

2 cups almond flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup chopped almonds or pecans (I use pecans)
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
2 eggs
2 bananas, mashed
1/3 cup Splenda brown sugar

Directions: Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Mix dry ingredients thoroughly first, then mix in the coconut oil, eggs, and mashed banana. Pour batter into a lightly greased bread pan. Put in oven and let bake for 25-30 mins or until golden brown and firm.

1 comment:

  1. This is DELICIOUS! Especially the next day!

    ReplyDelete