Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Long Distance Marriage Update + Starting New Diet

So, it is now November 11, 2014. The last time I posted was the 4, and my husband was still here. I told you all that he was leaving the 9th, which he did, and he just barely got home this morning after 36 hours of sleepless flying and layovers. I miss him a lot, but I find this time overall wasn't so bad as the last time, even though at first I thought it would be. I got a cat yesterday! She is the sweetest thing ever and loves her new home already! I'd say she is such a blessing, since I'm sleeping alone now and she loves to cuddle up to me in my sleep. So, now I'm at six rabbits and a cat. No chance for any other cats, though, since she loves her people, not cats.

When my husband (Oscar for those of you who don't know) is here, we unfortunately don't eat as healthy as we should, since the abundance of tasty things is so much more here. I stupidly eat along with him, even though I know better and shouldn't. I'm starting a new way of eating, as I will not call it a diet and will not starve myself. I feel pretty miserable if I'm hungry as I get tired out easier. I'm going for a pretty intense diet, but since I'm overweight and it's kind of scary to me, I think I should start out intense and maybe soften up over time. I'm going to try for low-carb, low-fat, gluten-free paleo. I know this is aiming high, but I really do want to get to a point I am at my healthiest. I'm not even aiming to lose weight anymore, like I always have. I am aiming to get my body in a state where it's functioning at it's full potential. I know this will take work. I'm not promising I will be perfect and stick to all my guidelines. I'm just saying I'll try. I would like to share this journey with you, including recipes I make or what I eat. I'll call this my diary, and you are all my personal diet police. ;) Today, for lunch, I had swiss cheese crisped in the microwave, to make little cheese cracker things that my mom's friend showed me how to make. Not really low-fat, but low-carb and gluten-free. Some include cheese in the paleo diet, so I'm going to call this one a triple win. I'm not too hungry so I ate a couple of peanuts. I also just baked some Christmas cookies I meant to make while Oscar was here, but forgot. So I think I'll be naughty and eat one of those. (Oops I already ate one raw) Okay. I swear I'll be better at dinner. ;) It's my first day so give me a break. ;)








No comments:

Post a Comment