Tuesday, November 4, 2014
Cowashing!
~So I guess I'm one of those crazy people who washes their hair with conditioner right? Yep, I guess I am! I started cowashing my hair in June or so, when I finally did some research on how to KEEP my hair healthy. I did a henna treatment, hair went red, and I started cowashing. The reason behind my deciding to cowash rather than use traditional shampoo and condish is that I actually felt like shampoo was making my hair feel miserable even when I wasn't using heat or dying my hair a lot. My hair was getting oilier faster, my ends crispier. It just wasn't working. I tried the baking soda and apple cider vinegar thing first. I hated it. With a passion. It made my hair dry and crispy, along with a side of sticky. When I heard about cowashing, I was quite skeptical. But, alas, I was desperate, and I gave it a shot. I love cowashing, and I have since the day I started. It gets my hair clean, without stripping it. But, keep in mind, you have to steer clear of conditioners with silicones or sulfates in them. Silicone builds up on your hair, and while it momentarily makes hair feel soft, it will eventually make your hair feel unhealthy and crispy. Sulfates strip the moisture from your hair. Before beginning cowashing, I used a silicone free shampoo to rid my hair of silicones and other things that weigh my hair down. I actually do this once a month. Basically anything ending in -one or -ane is a silicone. I love using the Tresemme Naturals line, which is silicone free! If you have any questions, please feel free to comment and ask!~Mrs. Bird~
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Could you go into more detail of your cowashing routine? I am looking to start cowashing but I'm scared and feel like a blind man in the dark lol. I don't want to ruin my hair.
ReplyDelete