Tuesday, July 7, 2015

A month since I've posted already? WOWEE!

I honestly cannot believe it has been a month since I have posted, however, not much really has changed. I know, I know, that's what everyone always says. "Oh, hey what's up?" "Not much... Nothing ever changes."
But something always HAS to change, especially when you're visiting a foreign country, right?
Wrong. I know things should have theoretically changed heaps in the past month, but keep in mind I was already here for a month the last time I posted. :) Something I've said a couple times to locals here is people back home in NY probably think I've been going on all kinds of exotic adventures here in Australia. Scuba diving, riding camels across the Outback while playing the Didgeridoo. Nope. Actually, life has been pretty standard. After the novelty of seeing the Indian Ocean for the first time and having palm trees everywhere wore off, we settled into a pretty average routine of selling laptops and meeting up with people who hadn't met me yet for dinner or coffee.
We have, however, found some places we really enjoy. One of them being a little cafe called "The Blue Wren." It is in a really beautiful country town called Dwellingup. Another cafe we quite recently discovered is near a town called Kalamunda, and the name of it is Mason Hill. It is a more modern-type cafe, while The Blue Wren is more of a rustic, country, slightly bohemian cafe.
One adventure I recently had, actually while on the way back from Mason Hill was our car broke down and I got to go waltzing through the Aussie bush to go pee.
Twice. Annoyingly small bladder won that round.
We had made it about 1 mile or 2 km up the road from the cafe, when the car completely died. Just shut off in the middle of driving and DIED.
Thankfully, David and Ruth (Oscar's parents) were with us, and Ruth had roadside assistance. If it had just been Oscar and me, it would have been a near disaster, and quite scary. Thank God we had a phone signal as well, or that wonderful roadside assistance would have been completely useless. It took over 2 hours to finally get a tow truck to haul the car away and for us to be on our way home.
The car ended up being fine, as it was just the fan belt.
We are thinking seriously about moving in with Daniel and Vanessa, Oscar's brother and his wife. Overall, it would be easier for Oscar to sell his refurbished laptops, and closer to where more sales would be, so we would be saving on gas/petrol. We are unsure about it, so please pray for us to make the right decision. It is a very hard one, as I really love it at Ruth and David's. I am so pleased to be able to live where there are four horses I can take care of and be friends with, six cats, and four kangaroos. I have been told by many Aussies how rare it is I actually married an Australian with kangaroos.
It's just a very hard decision and we need prayers for guidance on it. There are certainly pros, but there are also cons, mostly emotional ones, but still there.
But, speaking of animals, I got a bunny about a week ago! Her name is Lavender and she is a Netherland Dwarf/Cashmere Lop mix, and she is just the cutest thing ever. She is light grey with one ear lop, one ear up. So adorable!
I will try to blog more, as I was hoping to turn this into a lifestyle blog, but I am unsure if I will find the time, as I still am doing college/uni and we are working as well.
Hope you're all having a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment