Well, hey there! Long time no post! I think I have a good excuse though, since I am now living in Australia! Yes, I am now living in Perth, Western Australia, with my husband while the spouse visa goes through. We sent it in right before I left, and the waiting game is currently being played. Since that topic is one that worries me and stresses me out a little bit, let's move on to what this blog post is all about!
Cosmetics!
Unless you've been to Australia, or you know someone who has, you probably don't know how much Australia has to offer when it comes to cosmetics you typically can't find in America.
There's three stores that offer Korean cosmetics, one of which is the cutest little Kawaii-themed shop you'll ever see, called Morning Glory in Perth on Hay Street. One of the others is the ever popular Face Shop, which is present also in NYC. The last (and least hehe) is a supermarket in Southlands shopping centre which stocks Missha brand. I still prefer to order off of w2beauty.com, though, even though that takes super long to get here as it is from Korea. However, if you're in a pinch and you just need Korean cosmetics, a quick dash into Morning Glory is just right.
So, there's more Asian cosmetics here. Alright, that definitely makes me happy, and kept me pacified for the month I've been here. It wasn't until we housesat for my brother-in-law and sister-in-law and I saw a can of Avene thermal water that I realized maybe it just wasn't only Korean makeup that they have more of here. I didn't get my hopes up, though, thinking maybe she got it elsewhere or had a French friend that brought it back from France for her. I did, however, get to Priceline (the best store in the world for anything cosmetics related by far, sorry Ulta) ASAP, and to my wonder and excitement, found they carry the entire Avene line, Bioderma line, LaRoche Posay line, Bourjois, Nuxe, and I'm sure MANY others I have yet to look at. All brands you can usually, to my knowledge, only get from French pharmacies. They even have the travel sized Bioderma. So here is a list of things you NEED to get from Priceline, if you ever visit Australia.
1. Bioderma Micellar Water
2. Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation
3. Nuxe Reve De Miel lip balm
4. Avene thermal water
5. Avene cicalfate restorative skin cream
This is a very short list, however, I really have enjoyed these products. Some items I wouldn't recommend are the Nude by Nature powder foundations, and also the Natio liquid mineral foundation. I don't find them to be as good as Bare Minerals, and they are a bit on the pricey side. I know I have SO much more to try, however, my budget cannot take such a blow right now! I think I've already overdone it quite a lot!
I hope this helped you a bit, and also, I hope to write more blog posts as I discover more beauty products, and also as I adventure more! Au revoir! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment